One of the great joys of my life is baking for my people. I am a whiz at making cookies, muffins, quick breads, brownies and other easy baked goods. Cakes are hit or miss for me and for every cheesecake that turned out amazing, there's two or three that went in the trash. I've made pudding pies and cream pies but nothing complicated. Muffins are my favorite.
I baked very little during the last few years because I didn't have the stamina or want to use my strength on baking. But the last month or so I've been happy to get back in the kitchen. I know my brother and his family have enjoyed my walk-overs bearing warm goodies from the oven.
This Blueberry Cake is easy and delicious! It's so moist and yummy. Trust me, you'll be glad you made this. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Servings: 16 serving(s)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly grease a 10 inch tube pan with solid vegetable shortening, then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour.
3. Add flour to cake mix and combine well. Measure out 2 T. of cake/flour mix and reserve it. Place remaining cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, oil, water, cinnamon, and eggs in large mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop machine and scrape down sides of bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down sides again, if needed. Batter should look thick and well blended.
4. Toss the blueberries with reserved cake mix.
5. Pour two-thirds of batter into prepared pan. Scatter blueberries over batter. Spread remaining batter over the blueberries so that it covers the fruit. Place pan in oven.
6. Bake cake until it is golden brown and starts to pull away from sides of pan, 45-50 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place pan on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around edge of cake and invert it onto a rack to cool completely, 30 minutes. Place cake on platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.