This is my most requested recipe. This bread is moist, sweet and delicious! It is so adaptable too. You can add nuts, raisins, baking chips, etc. You can bake it in muffin tins, a bundt pan or a cake pan if you prefer. My nephew recommends it for breakfast, but I'm partial to it as an afternoon snack. I make this bread from late September until New Year's Eve. Making it a seasonal thing makes it special!
3.5 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups pumpkin
2⁄3 cup water
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. In a large mixer bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix well.
3. Add dry mixture slowly, combining completely.
4. Pour into 2 or 3 greased and floured loaf pans. (I've used 2 or 3 depending on how high I want the bread to be.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
6. NOTE: can also be baked in one loaf pan and one bundt pan or one 9x13 pan and one loaf pan or in muffin pans. Timing must be adjusted as well to suit the pan you are using.